Communication as we all know is the process that we can see in the above image. As we can see there is a channel that carries the message across.But is it really only this????In this post you will find various quotes, videos & images to tell you what communication is & how should we communicate for a better communication with or without use of technologies. When we talk of technologies it is important to update ourselves as to how we can use new technologies to communicate better.


Given below are three videos which will tell you something about importance of updating oneself with the technologies.( a humorous one)
http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=119381&fr=yfp-t-391
http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=29530&fr=yfp-t-391
http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=1075691886&fr=yfp-t-391
Thanks to Hemangi she showed us a new way to communicate & learn through blogs.
Quotes:
Ambrose Bierce:
Heaven, n.: A place where the wicked cease from troubling you with talk of their personal affairs, and the good listen with attention while you expound your own.
The Devil's Dictionary
Edward R. Murrow:
The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem
in the relations between human beings, and in the end 
the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it.
George Bernard Shaw:
The problem with communication ... is the illusion that it has been accomplished.
John Dewey:
There is more than a verbal tie between the words common, community, and communication.... Try the experiment of communicating, with fullness and accuracy, some experience to another, especially if it be somewhat complicated, and you will find your own attitude toward your experience changing.
Woodrow Wilson:
If I am to speak ten minutes, I need a week for preparation; if fifteen minutes, three days; if half an hour, two days; if an hour, I am ready now.
Larry King:
I remind myself every morning: Nothing I say this day will teach me anything. So if I'm going to learn, I must do it by listening.
Mark Twain:
If you have nothing to say, say nothing.
Mark Twain:
19th century US author and humorist“The difference between the right word and almost the right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug.”
Reference for quotes:
www.wisdomquotes.com/cat_communication.html
http://www.thinkarete.com/quotes/by_category/love/communication/
Reference for images:
http://www.myownbusiness.org/images/Technology.jpg - what do I need
http://www.michaelstamand.com/paintings/paintings_2002/images/communication.jpg - painting
http://science.uniserve.edu.au/projects/skills/jantrial/images/communication_skills_graded.jpg - communication skills
5 comments:
in relation with your post at 7:15!! on monday!
hi! u really get up early!!!
anyway...i'll be puttin up my post asap...but tell me whats wrong with Jalpa? is she ok..i know of the recent tragedy she faced..is it because of that? please ask her to contact me via mail
hey devika, this is wrt your doubt about multi-stage and multi-phase sampling
I'm so sorry about the resource,
Multi-stage sample as is mentioned in one of the resource is a part of stage sampling..here's where you can find out about multiphas-sampling:
http://stats.oecd.org/glossary/detail.asp?ID=3725
And as you said you can add all the resources from where you find matter...as long as you are talking about mulit-phase sampling
As for the two being same...you'll find out..
Hey devika
this is with reference to your doubt about something that you read in a reference book.
Your doubt was about this sentence:
merits:
It maintains the procedure of the findings to evaluate the realibilty of the sample.
At first this sentence threw me off... :) I mean...Really it did...Then I thought let's give it a try. What I’m thinking is:
That the reliability of the sample/sampling (I think the word must be sampling/sampling procedure just check in the book again; coz m not sure whether u can chk the reliability of a sample) is tested during the data collection methods
This is what I can make of the sentence, but I don’t know whether you can really check the reliability of a sample/sampling through data collection methods. How can you check for a reliability of the sampling after the sample is chosen? there maybe a mistake in the sentence or may be I’m getting it wrong, whatever it may be please find out and tell me too coz now even I’m curious to know what that sentence means.
Meanwhile you can look at the online version of the resource I gave you earlier,
http://books.google.com/books?vid=ISBN0415195411&id=5twk1pHwyL8C&pg=PP1&lpg=PP1&ots=MMyIeSaTFB&dq=louis+cohen+research+methods+in+education&sig=NpmMEvmfN6UB0CiWUQ75_An3jTQ#PPA102,M1
After going here you may need to sign in with your Google acc. then type multi-phase in search and go to search result on pg 102...u will find info on multi-phase sampling.
Another doubt was
demerits:
it cannot be used for a large sample. it is applicable only for small sample
it requires more competition.
The first sentence may be referring to the fact that since the sample has to undergo so many phases in the sampling procedure; a smaller sample would be easier to handle, rather than a larger sample. Thus this type being applicable only to the smaller samples and not larger ones.
But I’m not too sure about the last sentence ‘it requires more competition’. Maybe if you could tell me competition w.r.t (with respect to) what then I might be able to say something.
And in the future I’d suggest take books that have simpler language to understand, so that most of your time is not invested in trying to understand the complex sentences.
I hope I’ve been able to help at least to some extent.
Hello Archana and Devika,
Really sorry for taking so much time to comment on your post.
The topic that was to you assigned was multiphase sampling.
It’s very good that you have pointed out the difference between multi stage sampling and multiphase sampling. In your post you have mentioned the following statement:
Multi-phase sampling is useful when the frame lacks auxiliary information that could be used to stratify the population or to screen out part of the population.
Could you please explain the term auxiliary information with an example? And how can multiphase sampling help in lack of it?
I would also like to know how the pictures that you uploaded are related with multiphase sampling, or rather did you have anything specific in mind while uploading these pictures.
Also, could each one of you give me a different example of a multiphase sample?
Cya till then.. I know you all have lot of work to do but I’d appreciate it if you could answer my questions ASAP.
Post a Comment